Bulk messaging is an application-to-person SMS messaging service, which allows users to disseminate large number of SMS messages for delivery to mobile phone terminals of a predetermined group of recipients. It is used by individuals, organizations such as churches, media companies, enterprises, banks and other businesses for a variety of purposes including notification of events, enterprise and mobile marketing, communication of important information, and entertainment.
Bulk messaging service provides smarter and more professional channel that can transform the way you communicate with friends and families, members of your organization, customers and suppliers. It is commonly used for alerts, reminders, marketing but also for information dissemination and communication with both staff and customers.
Bulk SMS is still Important
Communication can be considered as the most essential part of human activities and mobile phones have become a major means through which we disseminate information; in fact, they have become an essential component of our lives. They are perfect tools for digital marketing since they support the widespread digital application of SMS. Large and small businesses and organizations now rely heavily on bulk SMS to help them campaign for their activities, products and services. Some of the reasons why the use of bulk SMS is still important are:
- Cost Effective – Sending out bulk SMS to a large audience is unbelievably inexpensive compared to some of the advertising methods used in the past.
- Efficient – People are more likely to read the SMS they received carefully than other messages such as email.
- Quick and Wider Reach – Huge number of specifically targeted clients can be reached at the click of a button, thus, you can harness a global market.
- Improves Brand Image – Mobile marketing with bulk SMS significantly improves the image of the organization, company or brand; people see the brand as being technically sophisticated.
- Ideal for the Busy Recipients – People, especial the busy type, read SMS than they read email, post on social media and other voluminous messages because it is short.
- Builds Relationship – Receiving personalized SMS, the receiver is made to believe being singled out. Psychologically this leads him to feel warmer towards the brand, products or services being advertised.